Congregation Gates of Prayer
is a Jewish congregation, dedicated to providing members with opportunities to find Kedusha (holiness within our lives) through participation in worship services, lifecycle events, educational activities for all ages, and social action programs that reflect our enduring commitment to Torah (lifelong Jewish education) Avodah (worship of God through prayer and observance) and Gemilut Chasadim (the pursuit of justice, peace and deeds of loving kindness).
In our efforts to realize this mission, we are committed to the principles, programs, and ideals of Reform Judaism, including:
- Talmud Torah - Lifelong study of Torah for all.
- Bet Knesset - Active involvement in congregational life and leadership.
- Tikkun Olam – Perfecting God's world through the pursuit of justice, and improved understanding between our neighbors and ourselves.
- Ahavat Yisrael - Supporting the State of Israel and the Jewish people wherever they live, beginning in our local community and extending throughout the world.
- Mishpacha - Creating a warm supportive atmosphere that promotes spiritual fulfillment and the well-being of all of our congregants, all who seek to affiliate with our synagogue, and all who through their personal relationships have a significant link to our community.